Tuesday, January 4, 2011

3 more weeks...eeek!

Dear Baby,

Oh my goodness, You are now 37 WEEKS OLD! Wowzers!!! That means in about 3 weeks (give or take) You will make an appearance and Mommy will be able to hold You, and hug You, and kiss You, and show You off, and just love You to pieces! I am so super excited to meet my LiL Peanut aka my LiL Monkey aka my LiL Cookie...hehehe :]

I'm getting a little too excited so let's see what BabyCenter has to say about You today:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.



How far along: 37 weeks

Maternity Clothes: STILL wearing my maternity pants and I'm glad I didn't out-grow them or else I would just have a meltdown...ha!
Sleep: Where for art thou Sleep? Please come and visit me ASAP!
Best Moment of the Week: Let's claim today as the Best Moment of the Week because today is Your Baby Shower at work...yippee! We're gonna have yummy cake and just celebrate with Mommy's awesome co-workers later this afternoon...can't wait :]

Movement: Your kicks and/or movements hurt Mommy now :( but it's OK I still like feeling you move in Mommy's belly. It's funny because You really respond to Daddy's voice...like it never fails! Kind of unfair actually because it takes awhile for you to listen to me when I ask for a kick...hmmmp! But once you hear Daddy's voice you get all excited and start moving like crazy...that and Daddy's spanish music! :] 

Food Craving: Mommy wants MAC&CHEESE...I don't want to make it and I am hoping someone will be kind enough to make us some :]

Gender: Baby Boy Gaeta

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to eating some good mac&cheese that I've been craving lately...haha!

Weekly Wisdom: I am trying really hard to just focus on meeting You and not so much on the whole 'Labor' and 'Pain' thing...eeek!

Mommy WuvsYou

1 comment:

Nicole-Lynn said...

How exciting! Any day now!! Have fun at your work shower! :) Post pictures!