Friday, May 21, 2010

a gift for everyone

Dear Baby,

A few other people-very important people-now knows that you are in Mommy's tummy. I told your Daddy of course and he is EXTREMELY HAPPY! He was so happy he was jumping up and down with his arms in the air. It was so funny. Too bad Mommy didn't think of video taping his reaction.
Here's how I surprised Daddy with the news:
I put the test 'thingy' from the hospital in a cute brown box and tied a pretty ribbon and told him I had a gift for him. He was shaking the box and asking me what the gift was for. When he opened it, he looked at the 2 lines (which means positive for pregnancy) and then he looked at me. Then he said, "for reals?" He gave me a BIG hug and then he did his jumping up and down routine...hehe! Your Daddy is hilarious. You'll find that out when you meet him. He is one of the funniest people I know. He always makes me laugh and I'm so sure he'll be even funnier when you're around. I cannot wait for you and Daddy to meet.
After Daddy was done jumping up and down he wanted us to go tell Mama and Papa (not sure if you're going to call them Mama and Papa or Lolo and Lola...we'll see). Mama and Papa are super happy to be grandparents. Papa had to sit down after Mama said "she's pregnant!" Your Daddy shook Papa's hand and said Congratulations and Papa said it back to your Daddy. After Mama and Papa, we went to pay Daddy's mom a visit (your abuelita). The funny thing is she was NOT surprised at all. I guess she's been having dreams about you lately and she said she already had a feeling that you're in Mommy's tummy already. When we gave her the box and told her we had a gift for her, she said-"how did you guys fit a baby in a small box?" She gave Mommy a BIG hug after and then hugged Daddy too. Daddy told his older brother (your Tio Esteban) that's he's going to be an uncle and again hugs were exchanged. You also have another Tio and his name is ELiseo aka Cheo. He said he didn't want a baby but I think that's because he feels he won't be the baby anymore. But you'll see, Tio Cheo is going to be so happy when you finally come.
After the hugs and smiles, Mommy and Daddy went back home to pick up Mama and Papa for a celebratory dinner (your Tios and Abuelita already ate dinner) and we went to TGIFridays. We all had the Jack Daniel's chicken and it was YUMMY. Did you like it? I don't know if you're tasting what Mommy's eating since you're still itty-bitty in my tummy.
There's still a few more people Mommy wants to tell about you and Daddy and I decided we won't announce our pregnancy to everyone else until after our first Drs appointment on June 9th. Mommy is going to send a cute letter to your cousins-KC, Amber, and Tony; their mommy (my sister) ateNen and Mommy's cousin Dennis. Other than them, the rest of our friends and family will find out after June 9 and you'll be about 8 weeks or so by then.


Mommy Labshyoo!


No comments: