Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy 15 weeks LiL Peanut

Dear Baby,

You and Mommy are now at 15 weeks today :) I'm trying really hard to not focus on dates so much because I want to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can. A lot of people (including your Daddy) are so anxious to meet you already and would want you to join us right now if it was up to them. But for me, I just want to take it day by day and enjoy having you in my tummy for as long as I can. I also know that time will go by fast when we get closer to your due date. Other Mommies are telling me that I'll eventually get to a point where I just want you out of my tummy already so I'll just wait patiently until that day comes.
Here's what babycenter has to say about you today:
How your baby's growing:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

--wow, you're getting big LiL Peanut :)
so exciting!
This Week's Activity:

Talk to your baby. It's a great way to start the bonding process. If having an actual conversation seems odd to you, narrate your activities; read a book, magazine, or newspaper; or share your secret wishes for your child. This is great practice for after your baby's born. Talking to babies is one of the best ways to help them develop language skills.

Mommy is definitely going to start talking to you more often. Daddy and I say goodnight and tell you we love you before we go to sleep. Do you hear us say that or are you asleep already by then? I'll try to start reading books to you too. I hope you'll like it.

**I wonder if other Mommies talk or read books to their baby when they're still in their belly...**
 




Mommy WuvsYou

No comments: