Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy 24!

Dear Baby,
Guess what Kid? You are now 24 WEEKS OLD...yippee!!! Wowzers! I am so happy that we are getting closer and closer to meeting You. The thought of being able to hold you in my arms and give you kisses and hugs anytime I want almost makes me forget about the labor part of it all...almost. I'm just hoping and praying that You will come out of Mommy's belly strong and healthy and happy :)
So...let's see what BabyCenter has to say about my (not so) LiL Peanut today:
How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

size of an elote huh? Mommy was SO craving one of these
last week but didn't find an elotero :( oh boo!

Mommy and Daddy will go to Kaiser today to attend another class. This time the class is for Labor & Delivery. I hope we learn a lot and I hope this class doesn't scare me even more about labor :( 

Mommy WuvsYou

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooooooooohhhh... maybe you'll be watching a labor video! it's def going to be scary- but in the end, you'll make it through and you won't be alone! Time is flying! Have fun in your class!!!