Tuesday, December 28, 2010

36 WEEKS

Dear Baby,

OMG! You are now 36 WEEKS OLD...eeek! It's so weird because even though I know I'm pregnant...I mean my gosh I look the part and all. I even have this blog for You and your Daddy and I just opened a lot of wonderful and cute gifts that we got from your shower but quite honestly part of me was STILL in denial that I have YOU growing in my belly...weird right? Now that we're about 4 weeks away (give or take) from labor I am totally FREAKING OUT!!! Don't get me wrong I am super excited as well but the thought of bringing You into this world is just...I can't even think of the word to decribe what I'm feeling.

I'm scared of being the hospital and I've heard too many scary labor stories. I've heard a lot of good ones too but of course I know it's going to be a PAINFUL experience. *sigh* Oh well, I'm just gonna have to be a strong Momma for You right? Right!!! But man, I am so super excited to be able to hold You and kiss You and hug You and just love You to pieces! I'm sure it's gonna be an awesome feeling to give birth (after all the pain of course) and experience that miracle...wow! Your Daddy and I have been wondering who You're gonna like-me or him...I say You're gonna look like your Daddy :] Oh man, I'm getting the chills just thinking about it now...hehehe :]

So, let's see what BabyCenter has to say about You today:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

You're definitely getting big because
Mommy is so uncomfortable lately and
sleeping? forget about it :(

How far along: 36 weeks

Maternity Clothes: NOTHING fits!!! hahaha...ok I'm a little too dramatic but it's pretty sad how HUGE I'm seriously getting...ugh! <-- feeling the SAME thing!!!

Sleep: I try to sleep sitting up and it works for about a good hour before I have to find another comfortable position or before I have to wake up and pee...AGAIN!

Best Moment of the Week: Last week was full of fun times. We celebrated your Daddy's bday and Christmas. I'm sure you enjoyed it because Mommy ate a lot of good food :)

Movement: Mommy loves feeling you move and the DRs say that an active baby is a good baby but can you please, pretty please, not move around so much when it's time to sleep :( If this is any indication of how you'll be when you're here then Mommy and Daddy is in trouble!

Food Craving: No cravings for me this past week but Mommy ate a lot of tamales...YUM!

Gender: You're a baby BOY...right? No surprises please...

What I'm looking forward to: I am scared but I am most definitely looking forward to the day when your lease is up in my belly, the day we get to meet You...SUPER EXCITING!

Weekly Wisdom: EVERYONE keeps telling to do A LOT of walking so I really NEED to try and do that! Help Mommy out k? <--I still need to do this...


Mommy WuvsYou

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, i can't even imagine how you are feeling. i'm sure you are filled with so many emotions that it drives you crazy! what a scary and exciting time for you! thanks for sharing them and yes! get moving! =)