Wednesday, December 22, 2010

We're all OK

Dear Baby,

Yesterday was a good and bad day for us. Let me start with the bad part of the day and end with the good part so that this post can end with a smile. You and Mommy had another DRs appointment yesterday and Daddy drove us to Kaiser. We were about a minute or two away from the hospital when this van hit Daddy's car. Thank goodness it wasn't that bad and nobody got hurt but it was still pretty scary. Mommy immediately felt her belly tighten up. I stayed in the car while Daddy talked to the other driver about the damages and what happened. The other driver is this old lady (probably in her 70s) and she had a lady friend with her in the passenger seat. She wrote down her information and I did the same for your Daddy. We exchanged papers where we had our information and Daddy and I left so we can see the DR right away.

We told Mommy's OB what happened and she sent us to Labor & Delivery just to make sure You're OK. They hooked me up in these monitor strips to make sure Your hear rate and movement is normal and also to make sure Mommy's heart rate and blood pressure is stable. They drew blood from Mommy for a CBC and to make sure there was no bleeding in my belly. The nurse told me it would about an hour and if the tests come back normal we would be able to go home. I asked for something to eat because I was getting a little hungry and we didn't eat breakfast yet. (Daddy and I were planning to get something to eat after our DRs appointment) The nurse gave me a turkey sandwich and of course Mommy shared with Daddy :]

About half an hour later another nurse came back and said they needed to draw blood from me AGAIN because my blood was stuck in the shaft somewhere and they couldn't find it. UGH! They have this tube system that they use to send blood from the 3rd floor to the 1st floor laboratory and the nurse didn't know it wasn't working. When she called the lab to check on the results, they told her they never got Mommy's blood. Oh my goodness! The second time hurt a little bit and it was not fun. We had to wait AGAIN. We waited and we waited and we waited. Mommy had to pee and I held it for as long as I could because having to pee meant calling one of the nurses to unplug the monitor and then wait for them to plug me back in. I was getting thirsty and hungry and sleepy and it was just not comfortable anymore.

We were there from noon and they discharged us at almost 7pm. Within that time frame they probably delivered about 6 babies. That's almost 1 baby every hour. Although it was kind of cool to hear a new born baby cry, Daddy and I were getting frustrated because they didn't have time to check on us because of all the deliveries they had to deal with. Sorry if that sounds a little selfish but we just wanted to go home already. We are so glad You're OK and that Mommy wasn't in any pain but the waiting part was just terrible. As soon as the DR came to tell me all the results are normal and we can go home, I almost ran out of that hospital. Daddy and I bought chinese food for dinner and off to the house we go. Mama and Papa were so worried about us and greeted Mommy at the door as soon as we got home. *thank you God that we are all safe and healthy*

So half of the good part was finding out You're OK and the second half is that You are now 35 WEEKS OLD. You turned 35 weeks old yesterday. The DRs told me it'd be OK if Mommy went into labor yesterday if need be and they also said that anytime now would be OK for you to come out of Mommy's belly already. Daddy was happy to hear that because he wants You to be a December baby. When the DR asked me what I want, I told him I just want You to come out when You're ready and as long as You're healthy then that's all that matters. Your due date is January 25 but if You think You're ready to come out of Mommy's belly then that's totally up to You. Let's just not enjoy it too much in there OK?

Anyways, here's what BabyCenter has to say about You today:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.





Mommy WuvsYou

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HOLY! that would have drove me insane! so sorry you had to go through that! i'm glad you guys were ok, i hate being in the hospital, no matter if you have an appt. you're always there for what it feels like FOREVER.